Nic Cage stars as your favorite Disney Princess.
Internet, you need to stop. Now.
That is impossible…It is too late to stop the internet…
Nor does bringing others down constitute success on your part.
God I love Tumblr.
THE LAST FUCKING ONE
This is sort of a companion comic to the one I made 8 months ago. I find analyzing my difficulties with these two mental illnesses and then giving myself advice has been somewhat therapeutic.
Another cause of anxiety: POSTING A COMIC ABOUT ANXIETY TO TUMBLR.
There are people who are convinced that shame and guilt are effective ways to motivate someone to address their weight issues. A recent study has indicated that this method can actually make things much worse.
When a person with overeating issues gets depressed, food is often what they use to seek comfort. You are not helping. You are not being supportive. You are not giving us “tough love.” You are triggering our depression and causing us to eat even more.
Please stop making us eat your words. They are very… fattening.
Hey artist bros, grab a chair, I think we need to have a little talk. This is not okay and we need to stop letting these things happen.
I literally came across this ad the other day and I’m still livid:
"NEED A PERSON TO MAKE A 1-2 MINUTE ANIMATED SHORT. JOB IS UNPAID AS IT’S NOT IN THE BUDGET. NEEDS THEIR OWN EQUIPMENT AND DEADLINE WILL BE TIGHT. NEED SOMEONE EXPERIENCED, BUT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD JOB FOR A RECENT GRADUATE LOOKING FOR EXPOSURE AND EXPERIENCE"
Lets look at this for a second.
1. This person isn’t asking specifically for an animator, a designer, a layout artist, a boarder. So I assume they have no idea what they’re asking for and just want someone to create an animated short out of their arse for them. UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON SCREEN WILL HAVE TO BE CREATED. In a professional environment, this would be a dozen people and take months.
2. Unpaid. You are expecting someone to take this ridiculous amount of work for free. “Experience & exposure” is bullshit and people need to stop using this to justify making people work for free. Sure, under some circumstances one would make the exception, say if Walt Disney rose from the grave and said HEY WORK FOR ME FOR FREE, you’d jump on that because your CV would instantly gain 50 levels. BUT THE TRUTH IS, MOST BIG REPUTABLE COMPANIES WILL PAY YOU FOR YOUR INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE. YOU WILL NOT WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF THEY DONT PAY YOU, THEY WILL COVER YOUR TRAVEL, TRANSPORTATION, HELP WITH OTHER THINGS. NEVER. FOR. FREE.
3. For the love of all things, stop trying to prey on recent graduates. They are already in enough debt and the job market is slim, stop with this bullshit.
4. Maybe it isn’t “in the budget”- are you taking a cut? Are you working for free too? If you are, you’re a shitstain. Even then, if you’re expecting someone to work for you, FOR FREE, you need to offer them something for their time. Offer to pay their expenses. Offer to pay their travel. Offer something. It probably wont help, but it will make you look like less of a shitstain.
5. Your deadline better be a few months because I just made a 2min film & it barely got done in 10 months.
So rant over, but this is rampant in the job posting lists. Every time I change the location where I’m looking, three or four of these pop up.
I don’t care your skillset, age, education. You are fucking better than this.
Don’t expect people to work for you for “portfolio/experience”, especially if you’re just some guy who has taken on a project.
Stop trying to take advantage of artists.
To celebrate the finale of Breaking Bad, the buttons are on sale for a limited time!
Any reblogs, signal boosts, envies or purchases are super appreciated!
On sale as a set!
Available in: Walt & Jesse 1.25” • Metal pin-backs.
BECAUSE AT THE HEIGHT OF ALL THE BREAKING BAD FEELS, I THOUGHT I SHOULD JUST THROW THIS OUT THERE.
BUTTONS FOR SALE- TEAM WALT OR TEAM JESSE, BITCH!
If you have no money or don’t want FABULOUS BUTTONS, signal boosts are always appreciated!